Data Science is the study of where information comes from, what it represents, and how it can be turned into a valuable resource in the creation of business and IT strategies. Mining large amounts of structured and unstructured data to identify patterns can help an organization rein in costs, increase efficiencies, recognize new market opportunities, and increase the organization's competitive advantage.
Data science is arguably the hottest career of the 21st century. In today’s high-tech world, everyone has pressing questions that must be answered by "big data". From businesses to non-profit organizations to government institutions, there is a seemingly-infinite amount of information that can be sorted, interpreted, and applied for a wide range of purposes.
A Data Scientist is someone who gathers and analyses data with the goal of reaching a conclusion. They do this through many different techniques. They may present the data in a visual context, which is often called “visualizing the data,” allowing a user to look for clear patterns that wouldn’t be noticeable if the information was presented in hard numbers on a spreadsheet. They often create highly advanced algorithms that are used to determine patterns and take the data from a jumble of numbers and starts to something that can be useful for a business or organization.
• Gather data for internal and external sources
• Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
• Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
• Build predictive models and machine - learning algorithms
• Present information using data visualisation techniques
• Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
• Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
• India's demand for a data scientist is progressing rapidly.
• As per the mention report, In 2019 1.5 million jobs will be available in this field.
Presently, there are only 10,000 - 15,000 analytics and data experts in India and there will be a shortage of 2 lakh data scientists in India over the next few years.
“ 50,000 + Data Science, AI Jobs vacant due to shortage of talent” – A Industry Report (TechGig – 22 Oct,2018) Data Analytics is one of the hottest skills today.
There are almost 700 plus companies recruiting in to Analytics in India. Organizations such as Accenture, IBM, Infosys, Genpact, MuSigna, WNS, SAS, Fractal Analytics, ZS Associates, Inductis, KIE Square, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, HSBC Analytics, Axis Bank, Shoppers Stop, Snap Deal, Flipkart, Myntra, Cipla, GSK, Ranbaxy, Vodafone, Airtel etc.
Some MNCs hiring Data Scientist
1. Data Analytics still being a relatively new and evolving field makes it a very exciting time to work in it. The Data Scientist has to stay up to date, be flexible and should have the ability to adapt to new tools and technologies when needed.
2. The skills of a Data Scientist are applicable to almost every industry - healthcare, mining, manufacturing, retail, education, public, administration, and economic development.
3. One of the most obvious reason is that there is an increasing demand for Data Scientists (the McKinsey Global Institute estimates that the “United States alone faces a shortage of 140,000 to 190,000 people [by 2018] with deep analytical skills”). This makes it a very good opportunity to start a career in Data Science.
4. Data Science is accessible to everyone. Today it is very easy to have access to computing resources and large amounts of public data. Almost anyone can do interesting and different things with it
Currently we are running TWO Courses :-
1. Fundamental Course in Data Science
( Weekdays : 2 Months / Weekends : 4 Months )
2. Advanced Course in Data Science and Machine Learning using R & Python
( Weekdays : 4 Months / Weekends : 6 Months )
Our Classroom programs has been specifically designed for students as well as working professionals. The programmes are available in both Weekly & Weekend Batches, with option of morning & evening classes.
Our courses can be pursued by students/professionals from multiple educational & professional backgrounds.
No. The training module is developed to help you learn right from the basics to advanced knowledge. Having an IT / Computer Science / Engineering background can be an added advantage to help you grasp faster. However the program doesn’t require you to have such knowledge.
I. First Time in Amritsar.
II. Instructor led Classroom Training
III. Seasoned Industry Experts faculty with real time Experience .
IV. Industry relevant Course Curriculum
V. Training Programs available in Regular and Weekend classes
VI. Industry Recognized Certification
VII. Hands-On Practicals in Sidana Analytics Lab with real use cases
VIII. Limited batches with restricted batch size allowing greater interaction
IX. Placement Assistance as done for regular students of Sidana Group of Institutes
X. We also provide additional facilities to resume building, mock interviews and offer placement assistance which helps you get a firm footing. We train you and prepare you for the Analytics industry.
“More Students Logging into Tech Courses : Programmes in areas of Cloud Computing, Data Science, AI and Machine Learning in Demand” – Economic Times (1 Nov, 2018)
Yes, Data Science is most sought-after skills in developed countries.
SIDSA provides / facilitate the certification process in Two ways :-
• Direct Certificate is issued to each student on course completion by SIDSA. The certificate is well recognized and accepted in Industry.
• Course contents are designed in such a way, that students could also clear the Data Science Certificates from other recognised Universities / Higher Education Institutes/ International On-line Courses, on their own.
The aim over here is to have industry ready professionals. The training program is a combination of conceptual understanding of the basics and hands on understanding of advanced concepts. The entire training is lab based and is delivered via projects & case studies from multiple business domains / verticals to give you an overall exposure in to the analytics industry.
Yes, there is a special discount early bird discounts given to first 50 students.